Licensing and Training

To transmit on the amateur bands in the UK, you need to be licensed by Ofcom.

There are three classes of licence available: Foundation, Intermediate and Full (Advanced Exam). To obtain a licence you must first pass the appropriate examination set by the Radio Communication Foundation (RCF) on behalf of Ofcom.

The club can provide training for all three levels. We are an RSGB registered exam centre and have two RSGB registered assessors. We also have members at all experience levels so it’s an ideal place to learn.